I have been personally struggling with my inner child who wants mac and cheese, and brownies everyday. When Old man winter tries to blow away spring’s arrival I crave comfort food. I have been inspired with some good soup ideas, and this one was a favorite. It was truly a “let’s pretend we are picking food from a spring garden in the Mediterranean and make it into a stew” moment. What can I say, I’m a writer and I never stop creating, especially in the kitchen.
- Pour 12 cups of water into crock-pot
- plop in 4 onion, and 4 garlic Spanish bullion cubes, and 1 Tbsp. chicken “better than bullion” paste.
- 6 cubes chicken breasts
- 3 or 4 celery stalks (cut up)
- 1 cup or so of fresh or frozen peas (if using canned, throw in 1 hour before ready to serve.)
- sliced carrots ( I did a half of a small bag of baby ones)
- 2 summer squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup of quonia
- 1 can of drained garbanzo beans
- Rosemary garlic seasoning by Tones
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Cook for 4-6 hours. One hour before it’s done stir in 1-2 Tbsp. pesto and squeeze in 1 lemon.
Seriously It was one of the easiest soups I have ever made. Enjoy
(next week I will post my black bean brownies)