My favorite food is fish tacos. One trip the family and I took to California I ordered them every time I found them on the menu. I really try to order the grilled but if it’s tilapia I just can’t do it. For some reason it tastes like mildew. So when I make them I make it with a fish that is just as cheap called Swaii. I love the taste of fried but I compromise by putting a little bit of olive oil or coconut oil in my skillet, barely dip the breaded fish and corn tortillas in it and then put it on a cookie sheet to bake on 400 degrees.
– 1/4 C. plain nonfat yogurt
– 1/4 C. light sour cream
-1 Tbsp. tatar sauce
– 1 tsp. achiote, or chipolte sauce (to taste)
– splash of lime or lemon juice
– Swaii fish marinated overnight in mojo or any citrus marinade
– 1 egg mixed with a splash of milk
– Panko and whole wheat bread crumbs
– chilli powder, granulated garlic (Cajan seas. opt.)
– shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, avacados, and or cucumbers for topping
mix egg with milk in one bowl. Mix equal amounts Panko and whole wheat bread crumbs in another bowl with whatever seasonings to sprinkle in. Dredge fish through egg mixture, and then in bread crumbs. Place in hot barely oiled skillet (or spray with olive oil) and place on cookie sheet and then place in 400 degree oven until flaky. Do the same with the tortillas.